Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10

Everyday is a special day to me as our Heavenly Father has given me a new day, new perspective, fresh day to breathe and to live…But on this special date, 10.10.10, it is even more special than any other day due to it’s significant date, 10.10.10.
On 10th October 1929, my dear father was born to this world. So on 10.10.10, my father celebrated his 81st birthday. Happy Birthday Apai… I thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful, loving and responsible dad. We would have celebrated his birthday if he is around with us but unfortunately he stays in the village. So I can only offer him prayer that the good Lord will continue to bless my dad with good health and comfortable life and to protect him from harm and danger.
Many events took place on 10.10.10. I only want to mention those that I knew of. Our friend, Mr & Mrs Thomas Lapoh invited my family to a house-warming party at Taman Jelita, Taman Tunku on 10.10.10 at 12noon. It was in fact 2-in-1 celebration. The priest and catechist were called to bless the newly completed house and at the same time the family was holding a thanksgiving day in memory of their departed late father/father-in- law who were called to be with the Lord, 40 days ago. Friends and relatives were invited to join them in the celebration of their new house (2nd home). May our Heavenly Father continue to bless their family with good health, joy, happiness and prosperity?



























Wedding of The Year – 1st Malaysian Astronaut – Datuk Sheik Muzaffar Bin Sukor & Datin Dr Harlina’s wedding.
The much awaited wedding of the year has finally come. I missed the Live coverage on their akad nikah ceremony at 11.00am in the morning as I was busy preparing myself for the house-warming party of my friend at Taman Jelita, Tunku. I only realized about the akad-nikah after my sister, Lily called me and asked for my whereabout. I told her I was at Taman Tunku, so I didn’t attend the usual morning Youth Mass service at 11.00am. She told me that she didn’t go anywhere as she was glued to her TV for the live coverage of the akad-nikah of Datuk Sheikh Muzzafar. But she quickly informed me that there will be another live coverage for Wedding Reception at TV3 at 9.00pm. So I was relieved that I could still follow up on the live telecast at TV3. True enough, right after the Buletin Utama ended, I was already seated in front of the TV to watch the live coverage on the wedding reception. Datuk Mahadir Lokman was the emcee for the wedding reception and the programme was co-host by Nurulshahada Nurain and Ahmad Fitri , both from TV3 celebrities. It was so good to see the happily married couples, I could feel the wedding atmosphere and how nice if I were to be there witnessing the bride and the bridegroom live. There were about 1500 invited guests both local and from overseas at the wedding. Malaysian Top Singer, Datuk Siti Nurhaliza was at the wedding too, I saw the camera focused on her for a while. I really like the song presentation by the Russian Astronaut, “Fly me to the moon”. It was such a lovely song and he sang it pretty well, playing with his guitar. All I can say is, the wedding was really a grand one.
























No comments:

Post a Comment