Friday, October 15, 2010

Great news! my son passed his driving test on 12/10/10

My son, Brennan (turning 19 this coming November 29th) sms me on last Tuesday afternoon (12.10.10) to inform me that he had passed his driving test. Delighted by the news, I phoned him right away to congratulate him and told him how proud I was. I also shared the good news with my daughter, Shasha. So at last, I don’t have to worry about sending him to work during the weekend. Sometimes he works part-time during dinner function at the hotel especially in the weekend.
Just one day before the test, i.e on Monday (11.10.10) after I finished work at 5pm, I picked my son from the learning centre at Senadin. It was his final driving lesson before the test. I let my son took the wheel as he drove from the learning centre to Emart, Bandar Baru Permyjaya. I told him not to panic, just relax and be confident. He took my advice. I watched him as he shifted the gear, and how his foot controls the clutch and the accelerator as well as pressing the brake pedal. From time to time, I made constructive comments so that he will take note. From then, I can see his confidence level was up and I told him just one thing, “Just give your best shot, and stay calm and relax on the actual day.”….and he did it! Am I a good coach to my son?
So now I am smiling to myself how nice being chauffeured-driven by my son whenever I want to go shopping pampering myself or simply dropping me to my sister’s house for a cup of tea and having afternoon snack.
From the evaluation sheet that my son handed to me, in the 1st section, he swept it clean, made 1st attempt at 1 minute for each task, Hill, S-Parking and, 3-point turn. For the 2nd part- my son scored 18 out of 20 for the road test. Well done, Son!
In the evening, my son treated me and his little sister for a small makan at Funlin Seafood Restaurant at Emart Commercial Centre. We ordered Chili crab and sea-cucumber soup. So, it saves me time preparing for dinner that evening. We packed some food for my hubby who couldn’t make it as he had to work overtime on that particular evening.
So the only person left now is my youngest daughter, Bella who is yet to learn to drive. But I will let her do it after she completed her SPM next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment